We’re looking for a Technical Support Specialist in Edmonton
SysGen Solutions Group is a client-focused IT consulting organization. With regional offices located in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and Vancouver, we are positioned strategically to provide IT solutions to Western Canada and beyond.
We’re committed to providing unmatched customer service, comprehensive network support, and innovative solutions. Defined by our personal and focused approach to client services, SysGen understands the vital role technology plays in your business, and we’re dedicated to ensuring optimum network performance.
We’re currently experiencing continued growth, and are recruiting an experienced Technical Support Specialist for our Technical Services team in Edmonton.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with networking, SAN, virtualized and physical server based environments.
Specific in-depth experience with:
- Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, Citrix, Linux, MS Exchange, Virtualization solutions (VMware, hyper-V)
- Strong hardware skills in building, diagnosing, upgrading enterprise server and network hardware
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and related technologies including layer 3 switches and VLANs
- Experience configuring and managing Firewalls (SonicWALL, CISCO, Juniper)
Microsoft or VCP Certification an asset
- Solid communication and time management skills
- Why SysGen Solutions Group
Employment with SysGen will appeal to the professional that appreciates autonomy. Employees are considered dynamic entrepreneurs, provided with opportunities to develop technical skills while playing an elevated role in account management and business development. Flexibility and work/life balance is greatly valued at SysGen, and personal career objectives are always in sight and in your own control.
- A PREMIUM HEALTH AND WELLNESS BENEFITS PLAN
- PROGRESSIVE COMPENSATION PROGRAMS
- COVERAGE OF PARKING EXPENSES
- TECHNOLOGY TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- EXCLUSIVE “DOUBLE-DIP VACATION” PROGRAM