We’re looking for an IT/IS Manager & Strategist in Calgary.
SysGen Solutions Group is a client-focused IT consulting organization currently recruiting for an IT/IS Manager & Strategist due to continued growth. With regional offices located in Calgary, Edmonton and Red Deer, we are positioned strategically to service Western Canada. SysGen is committed to providing unmatched customer service, comprehensive network support, and innovative solutions. Defined by our personal and focused approach to client services, SysGen understands the vital role technology plays in our client’s business, and we’re dedicated to ensuring optimum network performance.
SysGen is looking for an IT/IS Manager & Strategist to work across multiple key accounts in our Calgary office.
IT/IS Manager Job Duties:
- Define, deliver and arrange support for strategic plans in the implementation of IT assets. This includes evergreening strategies or migration to new technologies identified as either lowering costs or increasing efficiencies.
- Locate and create action plans for recurring issues as indicated through reporting from the ticketing system.
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of network systems and application infrastructures.
- Determine rational and planning for upgrading company software as new versions are released.
- Observes functioning of systems such as servers, workstations, devices and telephony. Identifies when systems are starting to fail in age or functionality and involves appropriate management at SysGen and client company to begin elicitation of mitigation plans.
- Oversees adherence to the use of the ticketing system.
- Uses ticketing system to identify patterns of failure in technology and/or personnel and prescribes correctional programs including educational suggestions where required.
- Identify and define the most efficient communications strategies for accomplishing client IT goals.
- Identify and create policies in alignment with client needs and HR processes.
- Suggests areas for improvement in client internal process.
- Management of technical teams for incident and problem management.
- ITIL v3 or other ITSM best practices certification program.
- Relevant IT vendor certifications (MSCE, VCP, CCNA etc).
- 5-10 years’ experience in Operating Systems and Networking.
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT/IS management including application planning.
- Management of technical teams of 4-8 people.
- Executive level communication and presentation skills.
Why SysGen Solutions Group:
- You are eager to apply your skills in an energetic environment.
- You are a professional that appreciates his or her autonomy.
- You welcome a management group that is in place to support individualized ambition.
- You excel at working in a team environment of dynamic entrepreneurs.
- Your career objectives are always in sight and in your own control.
SysGen Solutions Group offers unique opportunities to develop your technology potential. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, technology training, and premium benefit plans, including our exclusive double dip vacation program. SysGen is an equal opportunity company.