SysGen Solutions Group changes the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. Our IT solutions include fully managed IT services, network administration and design, cloud computing, cybersecurity and data management. We’re committed to providing unmatched customer service, comprehensive Systems Administrator, and innovative IT solutions for clients in Alberta and British Columbia.
Our Strengths – Our Awards
We are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve received. Our recognition as a company reflects the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment into our business model, and the support from our clients and technology partners.
- Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019, 2021)
- Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018)
- Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies PROFIT 500 (2013 – 2017)
- CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards
With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, and the Okanagan, SysGen is strategically positioned to partner with businesses in Western Canada.
Hiring Systems Administrator in Edmonton!
Edmonton is growing! We are hiring Systems Administrator’s to join our Technical Account Executive team!
Our Technical Account Executives are the heart of our organization and success! Be part of an amazing team.
Are you ready?
Then we are ready to talk with you!
Key Systems Administrator Responsibilities:
- Monitor, maintain, and optimize client systems, applications, and network environment
- Efficiently respond to client needs and troubleshoot or escalate issues as required
- Provide remote support for remote users
- Deploy / repair & replace services on desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices
- Check events and logs and escalate issues as required
- Complete weekly and monthly Service Level Agreement tasks
- Create and manage user network accounts
- Provide level-1 networking support (TCP, DNS/MX, simple subnets, VLAN, VPN, firewalls, Wireless)
- Install and configure Windows Desktop
- Level-1 application support for basic COTS (Exchange, O365, SMB apps)
- Level-1 server / database administration
- Monitor backup / storage (SAN, NAS)
- Monitor network security (GPO, third party malware protection, firewalls)
- Manager User Moves
Systems Administrator Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3-5+ years experience supporting SMB networks and systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly proficient at identifying user and system issues and resolving or escalating
- Proficient in configuring and deploying Microsoft Office Applications including Office 365
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Fundamental knowledge or exposure to the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8 and 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 +R2, 2016, Linux, OSX, IOS, Android, VMWare & clustering, Hyper-V and clustering
- Networking: Meraki, SonicWALL, Cisco, Juniper, Lenovo, HP, Wireless AP
- CompTIA training
- Microsoft Level 1: Fundamentals (MTA) Certification
- Valid drivers license and vehicle
- Highly proficient in remote access and conferencing tools
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
Working at SysGen means being part of a team of dedicated professionals who refuse to take themselves too seriously. We work hard to foster an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where our employees are respected, empowered, and rewarded for going the extra mile. We value honesty, kindness, and out-of-the-box thinking.
We offer unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. You receive a competitive compensation plan, extended health & dental benefits, an industry-unique double-dip vacation plan, paid training, travel expenses, a laptop, and a fully paid cell phone.
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
Interested in applying and learning more about SysGen?
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.