We’re looking for a System Administrator – IT Generalist in Edmonton, AB.
SysGen Solutions Group is changing the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. As an IT consulting firm, we’ve taken IT from a headache to a business tool and are incredibly proud of the recognition we’ve earned to create the best IT Experience for our clients. With regional offices located in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and Vernon, we are positioned strategically to service Western Canada. We’re currently looking to fill the position of a System Administrator IT Generalist in Edmonton, AB.
SysGen has been recognized both nationally and internationally for our managed IT services and the exceptional culture we’ve built to deliver our results. Our awards reflect the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment in our business model, and the support of our clients and technology partners. We work hard to foster an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where our employees are respected, empowered and rewarded for going the extra mile. That’s been validated by our recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018), Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018) and Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies (2013-2017). SysGen has also been identified as a top IT solution provider both nationally and internationally, winning the CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards.
Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for candidates with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience with networking, SAN, virtualized and physical server-based environments.
Specific in-depth experience with:
- Windows 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, Citrix, Linux, MS Exchange, virtualization solutions (VMware, Hyper-V).
- Strong hardware skills in building, diagnosing, upgrading enterprise server and network hardware.
- Strong understanding of networking protocols and related technologies.
- Experience configuring and managing firewalls (SonicWALL, Cisco, Juniper).
- Solid communication and time management skills.
Why SysGen Solutions Group
- You are eager to apply your skills in an energetic environment.
- This opportunity will appeal to the professional that appreciates his/her autonomy.
- You welcome a management group that is in place to support individualized ambition.
- You excel working in a team environment of dynamic entrepreneurs.
- Your career objectives are always in sight and in your own control.
SysGen Solutions Group is prepared to offer unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, professional training and premium benefits plans. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may submit applications via email at email@example.com with “System Administrator, IT Generalist – Edmonton” in the subject title.