We’re looking for a Senior IT Solutions Professional in Calgary, AB.
SysGen Solutions Group changes the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. Our IT solutions include fully managed IT services, network administration, and design, cloud computing, cybersecurity, and data management. We’re committed to providing unmatched customer service, comprehensive IT support, and innovative IT solutions for clients in Alberta and British Columbia.
Our Strengths – National and International Recognitions & Awards
We are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve received. Our recognition as a company reflects the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment into our business model, and the support from our clients and technology partners.
- Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019, 2021)
- Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018)
- Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies PROFIT 500 (2013 – 2017)
- CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500
With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Vernon, and Kelowna, SysGen is strategically positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
We are Hiring Senior IT Solutions Professionals to support Calgary projects!
A Senior IT Solutions Professional at SysGen plays a pivotal role in delivering leading-edge technical solutions customized to fit our client’s business. Your advanced knowledge covering networking, infrastructure, security, and physical/virtual environments makes you the technical subject-matter-expert within project delivery teams.
If you love learning new technologies, thrive working on multiple projects, and excel at responding and solving urgent technical issues, a career with SysGen may be for you!
Contact us to learn more about how you can be a technology leader at SysGen Solutions Group!
What do Senior IT Solutions Professionals at SysGen do?
- Drive the deployment, upgrade, and migration of infrastructure, virtualization, security, cloud connectivity solutions to our clients
- Typical projects are:
- Infrastructure projects including server & host migration
- Network Architecture
- Network Storage
- Security & overall IT infrastructure
- Provide support and timely updates to the Professional Services Pre-Sales team
- Collaborate closely with the Project Manager to ensure that projects are aligned
- Work closely with client and project team members to deliver projects on time
- Provide senior technical direction and escalation within projects
- Keep updated on emerging technologies and solutions
- Provide feedback to the sales team and management on client interactions
- Mentor and guide junior technicians on best practices and standards
Knowledge and Skills for a Senior IT Professional:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Several years (7+) experience managing SMB environments
- Understand a broad array of virtualization and infrastructure technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends
- The ability to work closely with customers and the pre-sales team help grow our footprint within large or highly strategic accounts
- Ability to drive collaborative decision making, eliminate roadblocks and execute plans and initiatives
- Hands-on experience in the following technologies:
- Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- MS Exchange
- Virtualization solutions (VMware, Hyper-V, Azure, AWS)
- Microsoft 365
- Modern Workplace implementation experience an asset
- Strong hardware skills building, diagnosing, and upgrading enterprise servers and networks
- Depth of understanding in networking protocols and related technologies including layer 3 switches and VLANs
- Experience configuring and managing Firewalls (SonicWALL, CISCO, Juniper)
- Microsoft or VCP Certification an asset
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills
- Oversight experience on major digital transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support and operations teams
This is a full-time, permanent role. Work is primarily remote, with onsite visits required when hands-on systems response is necessary.
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
Working at SysGen means being part of a team of dedicated professionals who refuse to take themselves too seriously. We work hard to foster an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where our employees are respected, empowered, and rewarded for going the extra mile. We value honesty, kindness, and out-of-the-box thinking.
We offer unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in compensation programs, professional training, and premium benefits.
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
Interested in applying and learning more about SysGen?
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.