SENIOR IT SOLUTIONS PROFESSIONAL – CALGARY & EDMONTON
SysGen Solutions Group is a fast-growing, award-winning company that believes building the best experience for our employees and clients is what makes a company great. We are a group of hard-working, friendly people focused on disrupting the I.T. industry by continually elevating the I.T. experience.
We are hiring Senior IT Solutions Professionals to support Calgary and Edmonton projects!
A Senior IT Solutions Professional at SysGen plays a pivotal role in delivering leading-edge technical solutions customized to fit our client’s business. Your knowledge and experience in assessing and solutioning networking, infrastructure, security, and physical/virtual environments make you the technical subject-matter expert within our project delivery teams.
If you love learning new technologies, thrive working on multiple projects, and excel at responding and solving urgent technical issues, a career with SysGen may be for you!
Contact us to learn more about how you can be a technology leader at SysGen Solutions Group!
Life at SysGen Solutions – Perks & Benefits – What’s in it for you?
- Professional Training: Paid-for courses to meet your career development goals.
- Distinctive Compensation Program: The base salary and variable compensation program give you the ability to drive your annual income.
- Culture of Health & Wellness: We believe that work-life balance is important – when you have time to refresh with family and friends you are more energized and engaged in everything you do.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: Collaboration is one of our Guiding Principles because we know that energy and ideas are generated when diverse experiences and talent work together toward solutions.
- President’s Club for ALL Employees: SysGen recognizes employees from every department who go above and beyond with an all-expenses-paid trip to a fun destination. Last time it was Mexico!
- Unique Double Dip Time-Off Policy: Double your vacation time with a payout option at the end of the year!
- Group Benefits Plan: A comprehensive plan to cover the needs of you and your family.
- Award-Winning Culture: We invest in our people and drive innovation. Here are some of our awards:
A Day in the Life of a Senior Solutions Professional
- Drive deployments, upgrades, and migrations of infrastructure, virtualization, security, cloud connectivity solutions for our clients
- Typical projects are:
- Infrastructure server & host migrations and upgrades
- Network Architecture
- Network Storage Solutioning
- Security & overall IT infrastructure
- Cloud Migrations
- Modern Workplace implementations
- Work with business development in RFP responses and attend pre-sales meetings as a technical SME
- Collaborate closely with project managers, clients, and delivery team to ensure the success of projects
- Provide technical direction and respond to project escalations
- Keep topical on emerging technologies and solutions
- Provide feedback to sales team and management on project debrief and lessons learned
- Mentor and guide junior technicians on technical best practices and delivery standards
Knowledge and Skills for a Senior IT Professional
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Several years’ experience managing SMB infrastructure environments
- Proven knowledge and experience in a broad array of virtualization and infrastructure technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends
- Ability to work closely with customers and the pre-sales team help grow our footprint within large or highly strategic accounts
- Ability to drive collaborative decision making, eliminate roadblocks, and execute on plans and initiatives
- Hands-on experience in the following technologies:
- Windows 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019
- MS Exchange
- Virtualization solutions (VMware, Hyper-V, Azure, AWS)
- Microsoft 365
- Modern Workplace implementation experience an asset
- Strong hardware skills; building, diagnosing, and upgrading enterprise servers and networks
- Depth of understanding in networking protocols and related technologies including layer 3 switches and VLANs
- Experience configuring and managing Firewalls (SonicWALL, CISCO, Juniper)
- Microsoft or VCP Certifications an asset
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills
- Oversight experience on major digital transformation projects
This is a full-time, permanent role. Work is primarily remote, with onsite visits required when hands-on systems response is necessary.
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.