Micrososft 365 Digital Consultant (Remote)
SysGen Solutions Group is innovating the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. As an IT consulting firm, we’ve taken IT from a headache to a business tool and are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve earned to create the best experience for our employees and clients. SysGen is the winner of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019, 2021), Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018), and Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for five consecutive years. SysGen has also been identified as a top IT solution provider winning the CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards. With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, and the Okanagan, SysGen is strategically positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
The Role – Microsoft 365 Digital Consultant (remote):
- Design, develop and implement Modern Workplace solutions for SysGen customers leveraging Microsoft SharePoint and Teams Online solutions.
- Work closely with clients to gather requirements for SharePoint/Teams Online deployments
- Develop SharePoint/Teams Online governance to ensure the long-term sustainability of solutions
- Design and develop custom automation using MS Power Suite based on client business workflow needs
- Ensure all projects follow SysGen standards and procedures
- Drive adherence to methodology and technology best-practices
- Guide and mentor junior team members in M365 solutioning and best-practices
- Facilitate meetings and workshops with stakeholders
- Identify and solve project issues effectively
- Maintain proactive and effective communication with clients and teams
- Degree in Business, Sciences, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Microsoft 365 Teams Administrator Associate Certification an asset
- M365/Modern Workplace Early Adopter with minimum 3 years experience designing, developing, and implementing Modern Workplace solutions.
- Capable Business Analysis and Project Management skills
- Proven end-to-end implementation and leadership experience; ability to gather requirements, generate designs, and implement a final solution
- Competent in business workflow mapping.
- Proven automation and business process improvement experience using Microsoft’s Power Automate Suite
- Committed to adherence to best practices in designing, configuring, deploying, and administering Teams/SharePoint Online solutions
- Proven experience developing efficient SharePoint sites/pages
- Strong knowledge of SharePoint Application models
- Strong practical knowledge of SharePoint Search Service, User Profile Service, and other Service Applications
- Highly proficient at writing and updating PowerShell scripts
- Experience gathering requirements, generating designs and implementing a final solution
- Experience developing SharePoint web parts, site templates, content types
- Excellent interpersonal skills; effective communicating with business stakeholders and teammates
- Ability to wear multiple hats and perform in a variety of roles from the independent contributor, collaborative team member, or SME Team Lead
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, plan and multitask work assignments
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
SysGen is recognized both nationally and internationally for our managed IT services and the exceptional culture we’ve built. Our culture reflects the passion of our dedicated employees, the continuous investment in our people and business, and the support of our clients and technology partners. SysGen focuses on developing an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where employees are respected, empowered, and rewarded for going the extra mile.
SysGen offers unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, professional training, and premium benefit and vacation plans. We are an equal opportunity employer.
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
Interested in applying and learning more about SysGen?
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.