We’re looking for an IT Support Technician in Vernon, BC.
SysGen Solutions Group is innovating the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. As an IT consulting firm, we’ve taken IT from a headache to a business tool and are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve earned to create the best experience for our employees and clients. SysGen is the winner of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019), Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018) and Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies for five consecutive years. SysGen has also been identified as a top IT solution provider winning the CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards. With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and the Okanagan, SysGen is strategically positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
Tired of your helpdesk job being invisible to those you assist? Are you looking to build a career beyond the helpdesk? Join our fast-growing team of mobile technicians and start getting the experience and education you need to build a great technology career.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance to resolve issues
- Remote support for remote employees
- Provide support with deployment/repair & replacement services on desktops, laptops, printers and mobile devices
- Desktop set up, moving equipment, troubleshooting and creating network accounts
- User support with all technical equipment
Knowledge and Skill requirements:
- Ability to provide a great customer service experience in person and on the phone
- Ability to support Windows 7 – 10 operating systems
- Ability to support Microsoft Office applications including Office 365
- Effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Technical knowledge in network and server topics
- Basic technical training (CompTIA or equivalent)
- Valid drivers license and vehicle
- Minimum 3 years help desk experience
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, review professional publications, establish personal networks, and participate in vendor events
- Participate in “continuing education” initiatives targeted at IT industry management
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
SysGen has been recognized both nationally and internationally for our managed IT services and the exceptional culture we’ve built to deliver our results. Our culture reflects the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment in our business model, and the support of our clients and technology partners. SysGen focuses on developing an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where employees are respected, empowered and rewarded for going the extra mile.
SysGen offers unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, professional training and premium benefit and vacation plans. We are an equal opportunity employer.