SysGen Solutions Group is innovating the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. As an IT consulting firm, we’ve taken IT from a headache to a business tool and are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve earned to create the best experience for our employees and clients. SysGen is the winner of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019, 2021), Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018), and Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for five consecutive years. SysGen has also been identified as a top IT solution provider winning the CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards. With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, and the Okanagan, SysGen is strategically positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
The Role – IT Manager:
- Work across multiple key SysGen client accounts in the capacity of IT Manager and Strategist.
- Define, deliver, and arrange support for strategic plans in the implementation of IT assets. This includes evergreening strategies or migration to new technologies identified as either lowering costs or increasing efficiencies.
- Locate and create action plans for recurring issues as indicated through reporting from the ticketing system.
- Provide technology solutions to business challenges.
- Analyze client IT budgets and maintain cost-effectiveness.
- Work closely with department managers to determine maintenance and growth needs of network systems and application infrastructures.
- Determine rationale and planning for upgrading company software as new versions are released.
- Monitor system functions such as servers, workstations, devices, and telephony. Identify when systems are starting to fail in age or functionality and involve appropriate management at SysGen and the client to begin mitigation plans.
- Oversees adherence to ticketing system usage.
- Run ticketing system reports to identify patterns of failure in technology and/or personnel and prescribe correctional programs including educational suggestions where required.
- Define and implement efficient communication mediums and strategies for accomplishing client IT goals.
- Identify and create policies in alignment with client needs and their HR processes.
- Suggest areas for improvement to internal client processes.
- Manage technical teams for incident management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field. Equivalent experience is acceptable too.
- ITIL v3 or other ITSM best practices certification program.
- Relevant IT vendor certifications (MSCE, VCP, CCNA, etc.)
- Proven competency in monitoring, maintaining and optimizing computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and phone systems.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Depth of knowledge in IT infrastructure and operations best practices.
- Maintain topical in new technologies and industry developments.
- Highly successful in managing and completing multiple tasks and priorities within project deadlines.
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- 5-10 years experience in Operating Systems, Networking, and IT Management including Application Planning.
- Effective at managing technical teams (4-8 people).
- Executive-level communication and presentation skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and keep the big picture in mind.
- Ability to work remotely and onsite as required.
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
SysGen is recognized both nationally and internationally for our managed IT services and the exceptional culture we’ve built. Our culture reflects the passion of our dedicated employees, the continuous investment in our people and business, and the support of our clients and technology partners. SysGen focuses on developing an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where employees are respected, empowered, and rewarded for going the extra mile.
SysGen offers unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, professional training, and premium benefit and vacation plans. We are an equal opportunity employer.
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
Interested in applying and learning more about SysGen?
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.