SysGen’s client is looking to hire a full-time permanent IT Manager. SysGen is conducting interviews and screening the applicants on behalf of the client, but this position is NOT with SysGen.
Position: IT Manager – Permanent Full Time – For SysGen’s Client
Reports To: Vice President & General Counsel
Direct Reports/Supervises: IT Staff
The IT Manager will be primarily responsible for the current IT and communications network and related systems. They will manage a team of IT staff. Additionally, the IT manager will provide input to the strategic plan and future business and system requirements.
Within the scope of this position, the IT Manager takes on a key role to continually provide an environment promoting a culture of client safety and freedom from harm and injury.
- Manages the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrades, and support of all current IT systems.
- Communicates regularly with the VP/General Counsel and all users of information services and systems.
- Manages and develops IT staff, including training, evaluation, guidance, and discipline.
- Develops standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and end-users using ITIL or other ITSM Frameworks.
- Ensures the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Oversees provision of IT Support for all different client facilities.
- Keeps current with the latest technologies and determines what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Manages financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, input into annual budgeting.
- Develops and implements all IT procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, asset management, and service provision.
- Participates as a key member of the IT/IM steering committee
- Oversees ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of hardware and software as directed by SysGen’s Client.
- Regularly monitors and mitigates IT/IM risk areas.
- Responsible for researching/planning/implementing new systems as directed by the leadership of SysGen’s Client.
- Develops and participates in programs designed for Inservice Education, on the job training and orientation classes for newly assigned department personnel.
- Attends and participates in workshops and seminars to keep abreast of current changes in IT best practices and technology.
- Participate in appropriate in-services sponsored by the Clients Inservice Department.
- Performs all duties in a way where client safety is the focus.
- Reports any unsafe activities that may cause harm or injury a client.
- Educates other co-workers/colleagues on the proper safety techniques when there is a possibility of endangering a client.
- Observes and corrects any unsafe behaviour demonstrated by the clients.
Special Job Characteristics:
- Knowledge of the following technologies/areas:
- Networking (MPLS, SD-WAN, Switch configuration and management)
- Fortinet firewalls (configuration/management)
- Wireless Network Management (AP’s, Radius Server)
- Domain and Identity management (AD, Okta)
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the Executive Management of an organization, and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills
- Progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment. Experience in working with non-profits and/or membership organization’s preferred.
Education Designation Requirements:
- Recognizable field certifications in various combinations will be considered. MCSE, CCNA, etc.
- ITIL or equivalent ITSM Best practice framework.
- Leadership training.
- The job requires a significant amount of sitting, standing, reaching, walking, lifting and transferring. Significant amount of pushing and pulling. According to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) Definitions, this job is considered “Medium.”
- Occasionally lifts objects up to 20 kg.
- Frequently lifts objects up to 10 kg.
- Constantly lifts objects up to 5 kg.
- Frequent walking, standing, pushing and pulling of arm and leg controls.
- Constantly pushing and pulling of arm controls while seated.
- Frequent hand-eye coordination.
- Fine motor tasks & finger dexterity.
- Frequent gross motor skills.
- Must be able to balance and handle physically and mentally demanding situations; demands and conflicting priorities in the workplace.
- You are required to mentally & physically adjust work demands to the individual situation.
HEALTH & SAFETY RISKS:
- Lifting and moving objects, working with equipment, climbing ladders.
- Significant degree of sitting, walking, standing and written work. Strain on shoulders, neck and back.
- Awareness of repetitive strain injuries.
- Exposure to stressful situations in the workplace
- Desk work.
- Computer work.
- Exposure to noise, dust, hot water, fumes from paint, working in confined spaces, exposure to electrical shock, potential exposure to asbestos.
- Exposure to illnesses common to communal living environments (Influenza, colds, GI illnesses, other bacteria & viruses).
- Plants and animals.
- Slippery floors, working alone (or in isolation) and travelling to external meetings.
Interested candidates may submit applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Manager/ Permanent Full Time” in the subject title.