We’re looking for an IT / IS Manager and Strategist in Calgary, AB.
SysGen Solutions Group is innovating the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. As an IT consulting firm, we’ve taken IT from a headache to a business tool and are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve earned to create the best experience for our employees and clients. SysGen is the winner of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019), Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018), Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies for five consecutive years as well as Canada’s Top Growing Companies by the Globe and Mail. SysGen has also been identified as a top IT solution provider winning the CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards. With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and the Okanagan, SysGen is strategically positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
SysGen is looking for an IT/IS Manager and Strategist to work across multiple key accounts.
- Define, deliver and arrange support for strategic plans in the implementation of IT assets. This includes evergreening strategies or migration to new technologies identified as either lowering costs or increasing efficiencies.
- Locate and create action plans for recurring issues as indicated through reporting from the ticketing system
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of network systems and application infrastructures
- Determine rational and planning for upgrading company software as new versions are released
- Observes functioning of systems such as servers, workstations, devices and telephony. Identifies when systems are starting to fail in age or functionality and involves appropriate management at SysGen and client company to begin the elicitation of mitigation plans.
- Oversees adherence to ticketing system usage
- Uses the ticketing system to identify patterns of failure in technology and/or personnel and prescribes correctional programs including educational suggestions where required
- Identify and define the most efficient communications strategies for accomplishing client IT goals
- Identify and create policies in alignment with client needs and HR processes
- Suggests areas for improvement in the internal client processes
- Management of technical teams for incidents and problem management
Knowledge and Skill requirements:
- ITIL v3 or other ITSM best practices certification program
- Relevant IT Vendor certifications (MSCE, VCP, CCNA etc.)
- 5-10 years’ experience in Operating Systems and Networking
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT/IS management including application planning
- Management of technical teams of 4-8 people
- Executive level communication and presentation skills
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
SysGen has been recognized both nationally and internationally for our managed IT services and the exceptional culture we’ve built to deliver our results. Our culture reflects the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment in our business model, and the support of our clients and technology partners. SysGen focuses on developing an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where employees are respected, empowered and rewarded for going the extra mile.
SysGen offers unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, professional training and premium benefit and vacation plans. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may submit applications via email at email@example.com with “IT/IS Manager & Strategist” in the subject title.