Intermediate IT Administrator
SysGen Solutions Group is a fast-growing, award-winning company that believes building the best experience for our employees and clients is what makes a company great. We are a group of hard-working, result-oriented people focused on disrupting the I.T. industry by continually elevating the I.T. experience.
The only thing bigger than the mall here in Edmonton is our desire for top IT talent! Join one of our fastest growing teams as we look to expand our amazing Edmonton team. Acting as a trusted advisor, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the technology and support for your dedicated clients.
A Career at SysGen Solutions – Perks & Benefits – What’s in it for you?
- Professional Training: Paid-for courses to meet your career development goals.
- Distinctive Compensation Program: The base salary and variable compensation program allow you to drive your annual income.
- Culture of Health & Wellness: We believe that work-life balance is important – when you have time to refresh with family and friends, you are more energized and engaged in everything you do.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Collaboration & Relationships are two of our Guiding Principles because we know the energy and ideas generated from diverse experiences and talent work together to create optimal solutions.
- President’s Club for ALL Employees: SysGen recognizes employees from every department who go above and beyond with an all-expenses-paid trip to a fun destination. Last time it was Mexico!
- Unique Double Dip Program: Double your vacation time with a payout option at the end of the year!
- Group Benefits Plan: A comprehensive plan to cover your and your family’s needs.
- Award-Winning Culture: We invest in our people and drive innovation. Here are some of our awards:
Role & Responsibilities
- Monitor, maintain, and optimize client systems, applications, and network environment
- Efficiently respond to client needs and troubleshoot or escalate issues as required
- Provide remote support for remote users
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services
- Provide level:1, 2 & 3 networking support (TCP, DNS/MX, simple subnets, VLAN, VPN, firewalls, Wireless)
- Provide Level – 1 & 2 application support for basic COTS (Exchange, O365, SMB apps)
- Provide Level – 1, 2, & 3 server / database administration
- Deploy / repair & replace services on desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices
- Install and configure Windows Desktop
- Check events and logs and escalate issues as required
- Complete weekly and monthly Service Level Agreement tasks
- Create and manage user network accounts
- Monitor backup / storage (SAN, NAS)
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3-5+ years experience supporting SMB networks and systems
- Fundamental knowledge or exposure to the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8 and 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 +R2, 2016, Linux, OSX, IOS, Android, VMWare & clustering, Hyper-V and clustering
- Networking: Meraki, SonicWALL, Cisco, Juniper, Lenovo, HP, Wireless AP
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly proficient at identifying user and system issues and resolving or escalating
- Proficient in configuring and deploying Microsoft Office Applications including Office 365
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- CompTIA training
- Microsoft Level 1: Fundamentals (MTA) Certification
- Highly proficient in remote access and conferencing tools
- Valid drivers license and vehicle
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
Interested in applying and learning more about SysGen?
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.