IT Generalist / System Administrator
SysGen Solutions Group is a fast-growing, award-winning company that believes building the best experience for our employees and clients is what makes a company great. We are a group of hard-working, friendly people focused on disrupting the I.T. industry by continually elevating the I.T. experience.
You’ll be the perfect fit if you’re a dynamic and customer-focused IT Generalist in Calgary. Acting as a trusted advisor, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the technology and support for your dedicated clients.
Perks & Benefits – What’s in it for you?
- Work-Life Balance: We want you to have a life outside of SysGen!
- Professional training: Paid-for courses to upgrade your skills and knowledge.
- President’s Club for ALL employees: SysGen recognizes employees from all departments who go above and beyond with an all-expenses-paid trip to a fun destination. Last time it was Mexico!
- Distinctive compensation program: Base salary and variable compensation program gives you ability to drive your annual income
- Unique double dip vacation & time off policy: Double your vacation time with a payout option at the end of the year!
- Group Benefits plan: Comprehensive plan to cover you and your family needs.
- Award Winning: We invest in our people and drive innovation. Here’s some of our awards:
- Monitor, maintain, and optimize client systems, applications, and network environment
- Efficiently respond to client needs and troubleshoot or escalate issues as required
- Provide remote support for remote users
- Deploy / repair & replace services on desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices
- Check events and logs and escalate issues as required
- Complete weekly and monthly Service Level Agreement tasks
- Create and manage user network accounts
- Provide level – 1 & 2 networking support (TCP, DNS/MX, simple subnets, VLAN, VPN, firewalls, Wireless)
- Install and configure Windows Desktop
- Level – 1 & 2 application support for basic COTS (Exchange, O365, SMB apps)
- Level – 1 & 2 server / database administration
- Monitor backup / storage (SAN, NAS)
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3-5+ years experience supporting SMB networks and systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly proficient at identifying user and system issues and resolving or escalating
- Proficient in configuring and deploying Microsoft Office Applications including Office 365
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Fundamental knowledge or exposure to the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8 and 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 +R2, 2016, Linux, OSX, IOS, Android, VMWare & clustering, Hyper-V and clustering
- Networking: Meraki, SonicWALL, Cisco, Juniper, Lenovo, HP, Wireless AP
- CompTIA training
- Microsoft Level 1: Fundamentals (MTA) Certification
- Valid drivers license and vehicle
- Highly proficient in remote access and conferencing tools
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
Interested in applying and learning more about SysGen?
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.