We’re looking for an IT Administrator in Calgary, AB.
SysGen Solutions Group changes the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. Our IT solutions include fully managed IT services, network administration, and design, cloud computing, cybersecurity, and data management. We’re committed to providing unmatched customer service, comprehensive IT support, and innovative IT solutions for clients in Alberta and British Columbia.
Our Strengths – National and International Recognitions & Awards
We are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve received. Our recognition as a company reflects the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment into our business model, and the support from our clients and technology partners.
- Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019, 2021)
- Alberta’s Top 70 Employers(2017 & 2018)
- Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies PROFIT 500 (2013 – 2017)
- CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500
With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, Vernon, and Kelowna, SysGen is strategically positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
Our IT Administrators play a critical role in our client services. Your knowledge and proficiency in networking, SAN, and both virtualized and physical server-based environments ensure our client’s infrastructure and systems are up and running for business.
We are seeking Calgary-based IT Administrators to join our team of professionals supporting our growing client base!
IT Administrator Core Responsibilities:
- Provide primary support, maintenance, and optimization of client IT environment
- Respond to user issues within SLA timelines
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and optimize Windows server infrastructures (Server 2008 to current)
- Provide level-1 & 2 networking support (TCP, DNS/MX, simple subnets, VLAN, VPN, firewalls, Wireless)
- Install and configure Windows Desktop
- Level-1 & 2 application support for basic COTS (Exchange, O365, SMB apps)
- Level-1 & 2 Database administration
- Maintain and periodically test backup/storage (SAN, NAS)
- Maintain and periodically test network security (GPO, third party malware protection, firewalls)
- Comply with best practices and standards for information technology management
- Create and maintain client environment documentation
Experience and Knowledge Required for an IT Administrator:
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5+ years’ experience supporting SMB networks and systems
- Well-rounded competency in the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8 and 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 +R2, 2016, Linux, OSX, IOS, Android, VMWare & clustering, Hyper-V and clustering
- Networking: Meraki, SonicWALL, Cisco, Juniper, Lenovo, HP, Wireless AP,
- Communications/Security: VOIP, MS System Center, Malwarebytes, Proofpoint, Cisco Umbrella, Webroot, ConnectWise, Labtech
- Microsoft Level 1: Fundamentals (MTA) Certification
- Microsoft – Modern Workplace is an asset
- Must have a customer service focus and an aim to work towards the best customer experience.
- Time management, organizational skills, and excellent communication skills are a must
- Experience with O&G or geological applications, medical EMRs, Real Estate, or Legal applications is an asset
This is a full-time, permanent role. Work is primarily remote, with onsite visits required when hands-on systems response is necessary.
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
Working at SysGen means being part of a team of dedicated professionals who refuse to take themselves too seriously. We work hard to foster an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where our employees are respected, empowered, and rewarded for going the extra mile. We value honesty, kindness, and out-of-the-box thinking.
We offer unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in compensation programs, professional training, and premium benefits.
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
Interested in applying and learning more about SysGen?
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.