IT Generalist / System Administrator
SysGen Solutions Group is a fast-growing, award-winning company that believes building the best experience for our employees and clients is what makes a company great. We are a group of hard-working, friendly people focused on disrupting the I.T. industry by continually elevating the I.T. experience.
Yee haw! Our SysGen Calgary branch is currently looking to wrangle top IT talent as clients continue to stampede in. You’ll be the perfect fit if you’re a dynamic and customer-focused IT Generalist in Calgary. Acting as a trusted advisor, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the technology and support for your dedicated clients.
Perks & Benefits – What’s in it for you?
- Professional Training: Paid-for courses to meet your career development goals.
- Distinctive Compensation Program: The base salary and variable compensation program give you the ability to drive your annual income.
- Culture of Health & Wellness: We believe that work-life balance is important – when you have time to refresh with family and friends you are more energized and engaged in everything you do.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Collaboration & Relationships are two of our Guiding Principles because we know the energy and ideas that are generated when diverse experiences and talent work together toward solutions.
- President’s Club for ALL Employees: SysGen recognizes employees from every department who go above and beyond with an all-expenses-paid trip to a fun destination. Last time it was Mexico!
- Unique Double Dip Program: Double your vacation time with a payout option at the end of the year!
- Group Benefits plan: Comprehensive plan to cover you and your family’s needs.
- Award-Winning: We invest in our people and drive innovation. Here are some of our awards:
- Monitor, maintain, and optimize client systems, applications, and network environment
- Efficiently respond to client needs and troubleshoot or escalate issues as required
- Provide remote support for remote users
- Deploy / repair & replace services on desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices
- Check events and logs and escalate issues as required
- Complete weekly and monthly Service Level Agreement tasks
- Create and manage user network accounts
- Provide level – 1 & 2 networking support (TCP, DNS/MX, simple subnets, VLAN, VPN, firewalls, Wireless)
- Install and configure Windows Desktop
- Level – 1 & 2 application support for basic COTS (Exchange, O365, SMB apps)
- Level – 1 & 2 server/database administration
- Monitor backup/storage (SAN, NAS)
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3-5+ years of experience supporting SMB networks and systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly proficient at identifying user and system issues and resolving or escalating
- Proficient in configuring and deploying Microsoft Office Applications including Office 365
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Fundamental knowledge or exposure to the following technologies:
- Operating Systems: Windows 7, 8, and 10, Windows Server 2008, 2012 +R2, 2016, Linux, OSX, IOS, Android, VMWare & clustering, Hyper-V and clustering
- Networking: Meraki, SonicWALL, Cisco, Juniper, Lenovo, HP, Wireless AP
- CompTIA training
- Microsoft Level 1: Fundamentals (MTA) Certification
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
- Highly proficient in remote access and conferencing tools
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
Interested in applying and learning more about SysGen?
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.