We’re looking for an Intermediate Business Analyst in Calgary, AB.
SysGen Solutions Group is changing the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. As an IT consulting firm, we’ve taken IT from a headache to a business tool and are incredibly proud of the recognition we’ve earned to create the best IT experience for our clients. With regional offices located in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and Vernon, we are positioned strategically to service Western Canada. We’re currently looking to fill the position of Intermediate Business Analyst in Calgary, AB.
SysGen has been recognized both nationally and internationally for our managed IT services and the exceptional culture we’ve built to deliver our results. Our awards reflect the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment in our business model, and the support of our clients and technology partners. We work hard to foster an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where our employees are respected, empowered and rewarded for going the extra mile. That’s been validated by our recognition as one of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018), Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018) and Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies (2013-2017). SysGen has also been identified as a top IT solution provider both nationally and internationally, winning the CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards.
SysGen is seeking an Intermediate Business Analyst to join the Aspire consulting team. This is a client-facing role. The BA will bring value to SysGen clients by leveraging her/his IT knowledge to ensure IT solutions address business needs. The BA may engage in complex process optimization initiatives to ensure business and system architecture is in alignment with strategic objectives. The BA will work directly with client business units to gather and document requirements while representing both the client’s and SysGen’s interests. We are looking for a BA with 3 – 7 year’s experience.
- Identify and document business problems and develop business cases to propose solution options
- Analyze and interpret client business needs by gathering and documenting user requirements
- Facilitate business analysis sessions and workshops
- Identify risks, dependencies, and constraints while developing plans to mitigate and address any concerns
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements
- Research software and hardware products; perform industry benchmarking
- Model, analyze, and revise business processes and procedures (use cases, user stories, process maps, etc.)
- Drive implementation of technology and process solutions from concept to completion
- Align stakeholder business and system requirements to overall client objectives and strategy
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s organization & structure, product/services mix and stay aware of client news and changes to provide IT strategy consistent with their business needs
- Build collaborative working relationships across all levels of client’s organizations and with external partners
- Work collaboratively with the BA team to develop effective BA approaches and techniques
- Maintain open and honest communication
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program
- Extensive knowledge and experience in business analysis methodology, project execution and business process management
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Strong consultative and relationship development skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy
- Experience modelling process using various methods and tools
- Familiarity with organizational change methods and practices
- Confidence in presentation
- A technical designation is an asset (CCBA)
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
You are eager to apply your skills in an energetic environment.
You welcome a management group that is in place to support individualized ambition.
You excel in working in a team environment of dynamic entrepreneurs.
Your career objectives are always in sight and in your own control.
SysGen Solutions Group is prepared to offer unique opportunities to develop your career potential. We are an equal opportunity employer.