INTERMEDIATE BUSINESS ANALYST
SysGen Solutions Group is innovating the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. As an IT consulting firm, we’ve taken IT from a headache to a business tool and are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve earned to create the best experience for our employees and clients. SysGen is the winner of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019), Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018) and Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies for five consecutive years. SysGen has also been identified as a top IT solution provider winning the CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards. With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and the Okanagan, SysGen is positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
This is a client-facing role reporting directly to the Manager, Digital Advisory. The BA will bring value to SysGen clients by leveraging her/his IT knowledge to ensure IT solutions address business needs. The BA may engage in complex process optimization initiatives to ensure business and system architecture is in alignment with strategic objectives. The BA will work directly with client business units to gather and document requirements while representing both the client’s and SysGen’s interests.
- Identify and document business problems and develop business cases to propose solution options
- Analyze and interpret client business needs by gathering and documenting user requirements
- Facilitate business analysis sessions and workshops
- Identify risks, dependencies, and constraints while developing plans to mitigate and address any concerns
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements
- Research software and hardware products; perform industry benchmarking
- Model, analyze, and revise business processes and procedures (use cases, user stories, process maps, etc.)
- Drive implementation of technology and process solutions from concept to completion
- Align stakeholder business and system requirements to overall client objectives and strategy
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s organization & structure, product/services mix and stay aware of client news and changes to provide IT strategy consistent with their business needs
- Build collaborative working relationships across all levels of client’s organizations and with external partners
- Work collaboratively with the BA team to develop effective BA approaches and techniques
- Maintain open and honest communication
Knowledge and Skill requirements:
- Relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program
- Extensive knowledge and experience in business analysis methodology, project execution, and business process management
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Strong consultative and relationship development skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Detail-oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy
- Experience modeling process using various methods and tools
- Familiarity with organizational change methods and practices
- Confidence in presenting
- Professional certification is an asset (CCBA / CBAP)
Design & implementation experience:
- M365 Modern Workplace
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
SysGen has been recognized both nationally and internationally for our managed IT services and the exceptional culture we’ve built to deliver our results. Our culture reflects the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment in our business model, and the support of our clients and technology partners. SysGen focuses on developing an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where employees are respected, empowered, and rewarded for going the extra mile.
SysGen offers unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, professional training, and premium benefit and vacation plans. We are an equal opportunity employer.