We’re looking for a Financial Controller in Calgary, AB.
SysGen Solutions Group is innovating the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. Our IT solutions include fully managed IT services, network administration and design, cloud computing, cybersecurity, and data management. We’re committed to providing unmatched customer service, comprehensive IT support, and innovative IT solutions for clients in Alberta and British Columbia.
Our Strengths – National and International Recognition & Awards
We are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve received. Our recognition as a company reflects the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment into our business model, and the support from our clients and technology partners.
- Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019)
- Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018)
- Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies PROFIT 500 (2013 – 2017)
- CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500
With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, and the Okanagan, SysGen is strategically positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
Are you a designated financial professional ready for your next challenge?
SysGen Solutions Group has an exciting career opportunity to join our management team as the Financial Controller. Reporting directly to the CEO, your strengths in financial controls, reporting, compliance, reconciliations and operational efficiencies paired with a collaborative-coaching management style could be a fit for our culture and business!
- Provide leadership and management for all SysGen monetary activities
- Accountable for controls and operational efficiencies for accounting and financial operations
- Enforce and maintain comprehensive controls and budgets to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of financial results while ensuring compliance with ASPE
- Deliver accurately and validated monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting
- Manage and coach the finance team
- Ensure internal controls are documented and enforced
- Work closely with banks, internal and external auditors, legal advisors, and external accounting firms
- Ensure that all finance-related regulatory reports and tax returns are prepared and filed on time
- Prepare departmental and corporate level monthly financial forecasts and monthly performance reports in conjunction with corporate cash flow management
- Make recommendations on factors influencing business performance
- Provide financial analysis of new and existing business opportunities
- Manage and oversee A/P, A/R, and collections
- Perform financial risk analysis and management, establish corporate guidelines, administration, and oversight
- Direct and coordinate all company accounting and reporting functions, financial planning, and budget management functions
- Direct and ensure completion of month-end, quarterly and year-end consolidated financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget and forecast
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal reporting requirements
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
Qualifications for Success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Commerce, or Accounting
- CGA/CPA designation or in-progress
- Five to ten years’ experience in a senior-level finance or accounting position
- Highly competent in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including ASPE
- Proficient in using and learning automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Strong knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations
- Senior-level competency in analyzing financial data and preparing financial reports, statements, and projections
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting, forecasting, and rolling budgets.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work remotely and engage with all levels of business using connectivity tools such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx, or Zoom
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
Working at SysGen means being part of a team of dedicated professionals who refuse to take themselves too seriously. We work hard to foster an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where our employees are respected, empowered, and rewarded for going the extra mile. We value honesty, kindness, and out-of-the-box thinking.
We offer unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in compensation programs, professional training, and premium benefits.
SysGen employees are guided by our 8 Guiding Principles:
Interested in applying and learning more about SysGen? Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SysGen follows the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness regarding our hiring and promotion procedures.