Field Service Manager (Calgary)
SysGen Solutions Group is innovating the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration and processes. As an IT consulting firm, we’ve taken IT from a headache to a business tool and are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve earned to create the best experience for our employees and clients. SysGen is the winner of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019), Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018) and Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies for five consecutive years. SysGen has also been identified as a top IT solution provider winning the CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards. With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer and the Okanagan, SysGen is positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
This is a client-facing role reporting directly to the District Service Manager. The Field Service Manager will bring value to SysGen clients through the management of service expectations and interaction with SysGen Technical Account Executives. This position will be responsible for managing daily service, ensuring internal policies and procedures are followed, clients receive Business Reviews which will include strategic planning and development for clients. The Field Service Manager will collaborate with all aspects of the SysGen service teams to deliver proposals and suggestions for internal and client improvements.
Field Services Managers are primarily responsible for guiding employees in achieving the goals and ambitions of the organization and interacting with clients to ensure the delivery of high quality and consistent service.
- Provide direct management and leadership to the Technical Account Executives.
- Focus on client retention and client satisfaction.
- Increase SysGen effectiveness by orienting, training, coaching, and counseling staff.
- Communicate values, strategies, and objectives; planning, monitoring, and appraise job results; develop a climate for offering information and opinions.
- Ensure SysGen service-related policies and procedures are documented, communicated and followed at all times through regular service validation assessments.
- Ensure SysGen monitoring tools are properly configured and utilized for clients.
- Manage Technical Account Executives to build and document a knowledge base of their assigned clients. This would include but is not limited to each clients’ business and industry and the areas that are key to their success.
- Establish methods to improve the efficient delivery of Managed Services and other programs as they develop.
- Validate FSMA Service Level Agreement objectives against field performance.
- Monitor service and financial targets of existing clients to support the retention and growth of the organization in both technical services activity and project work. For Managed Services clients this would be weekly monitoring of usage.
- Develop strategic plans and projects. Coordinate the delivery of these plans and projects within the Monthly, Quarterly, or Semi-Annual Business Review for each Managed Services client alongside the Business Development Manager and Client Services Representative.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers and/or Account Executives on new solutions.
- Ensure clients always have a robust backup solution.
- Deliver feedback to service teams.
- Identify unique training or knowledge needs to support and service clients.
- As part of the Escalation Group, be available to assume the role of Escalation Manager where needed.
- Build the SysGen corporate image by collaborating with customers and employees, enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintain quality service by establishing corporate standards and enforcing SysGen standards.
- Exhibit leadership behaviors that value our people, help employees reach their full potential, and enable them to create a high-performance work environment.
- Maintain open and honest communication.
Knowledge and Skill requirements:
- ITIL v3 or other ITSM best practices certification program.
- Relevant IT vendor certifications (MSCE, VCP, CCNA, etc.)
- 5-10 years’ experience in Operating Systems and Networking.
- 5-10 years’ experience in IT/IS management including application planning.
- Management of technical teams of 4-8 people.
- Executive-level communication and presentation skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional customer service acumen.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel / Power BI / Access skills (an asset).
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
SysGen has been recognized both nationally and internationally for our managed IT services and the exceptional culture we’ve built to deliver our results. Our culture reflects the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment in our business model, and the support of our clients and technology partners. SysGen focuses on developing an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where employees are respected, empowered, and rewarded for going the extra mile.
SysGen offers unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, professional training, and premium benefit and vacation plans. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org