We’re looking for a District Service Manager in Calgary, AB.
SysGen Solutions Group is innovating the way people use technology to solve business challenges and enhance productivity, collaboration, and processes. As an IT consulting firm, we’ve taken IT from a headache to a business tool and are incredibly proud of the national and international recognition we’ve earned to create the best experience for our employees and clients. SysGen is the winner of Canada’s Top 100 Small & Medium Employers (2018, 2019), Alberta’s Top 70 Employers (2017 & 2018), and Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for five consecutive years. SysGen has also been identified as a top IT solution provider winning the CDN Top 100 and CRN MSP 500 awards. With offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Red Deer, and the Okanagan, SysGen is strategically positioned to partner with small and medium businesses in Western Canada.
The successful candidate for the District Service Manager (DSM) role will drive innovation and deliver a top tier client experience for our Calgary clients. This is a client-facing role reporting directly to the Director of Service Delivery. The DSM will bring value to SysGen clients through the management of service expectations and interaction with SysGen Field Service Managers, our SysGenius Desk, and technical resources. This position will be responsible for managing the Calgary Branch daily service, ensuring internal policies and procedures are followed and interacting with clients in the form of service reviews, including Quarterly Business Reviews which will include strategic planning and development for clients. The DSM will collaborate with all aspects of SysGen service teams to deliver proposals and suggestions for internal and client improvements.
- Provide proactive direct management and leadership to the Calgary Field Services Managers, our SysGenius Desk, and Technical Account Executives.
- Focus on client retention and client satisfaction.
- Increase SysGen effectiveness by orienting, training, coaching, and counseling staff. Communicating values, strategies, and objectives; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing a climate for offering information and opinions.
- Ensure SysGen service-related policies and procedures are documented, communicated, and adhered to through regular service validation assessments.
- Ensure SysGen’s suite of management tools are properly configured and utilized for clients.
- Manage the Calgary Service team to build and document a knowledge base of their assigned clients. This would include but is not limited to each client’s business and industry and the areas that are key to their success.
- Establish methods to improve efficient delivery of Managed Services and other programs as they develop.
- Monitor service and financial targets of existing clients to support the retention and growth of the organization in both technical services activity and project work.
- Develop strategic plans and projects. Coordinate the delivery of these plans and projects within the Monthly, Quarterly, or Semi-Annual Business Review for each Managed Services client alongside the regions Business Development Manager(s) and Client Experience Specialist(s).
- Deliver feedback to service teams.
- Identify unique training or knowledge needs to support and service clients.
- Will be responsible for oversight of all escalations in the region and available to assume the role of Escalation Manager where needed.
- Build the SysGen corporate image by collaborating with customers and employees, enforcing ethical business practices.
- Exhibit leadership behaviors that value our people, help employees reach their full potential and enable them to create a high-performance work environment.
- Maintain open and honest communication.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participate in professional societies.
- Achieve/maintain certifications in SysGen core competencies (E.g. Microsoft, VMware)
Knowledge and Skill requirements:
- Experience leading diverse high-performance teams 5+ years
- Track record of strong professional development (personal excellence)
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Exceptional customer service acumen
- Proficient Microsoft Excel / Power BI / Access skills (an asset)
- ITIL certified (an asset)
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Managing Financial Performance
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
SysGen has been recognized both nationally and internationally for our managed IT services and the exceptional culture we’ve built to deliver our results. Our culture reflects the dedication of our employees, the continuous investment in our business model, and the support of our clients and technology partners. SysGen focuses on developing an inspiring, energetic, healthy work environment where employees are respected, empowered, and rewarded for going the extra mile.
SysGen offers unique opportunities to develop your professional potential. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, professional training, and premium benefit and vacation plans. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may submit applications via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “System Administrator, IT Generalist – Edmonton” in the subject title.