We’re looking for a Business Analyst in Calgary.
SysGen Solutions Group is a client-focused IT consulting organization currently recruiting for a Business Analyst in Calgary. With regional offices located in Calgary, Edmonton and Red Deer, we are positioned strategically to service Western Canada. We are committed to providing unmatched customer service, comprehensive network support, and innovative solutions. Defined by our personal and focused approach to client services, SysGen understands the vital role technology plays in our client’s business, and we are dedicated to ensuring optimum network performance.
This is a client-facing role reporting directly to the Infrastructure Solutions Group (ISG) Delivery Manager. The BA will bring value to SysGen clients by leveraging her/his IT knowledge to ensure IT solutions address business needs. The Business Analyst may engage in complex process optimization initiatives to ensure business and system architecture is in alignment with strategic objectives. This individual will work directly with client business units to gather and document requirements while representing both the client’s and SysGen’s interests.
- Identify and document business problems and develop business cases to propose solution options
- Analyze and interpret client business needs by gathering and documenting user requirements
- Facilitate business analysis sessions and workshops
- Identify risks, dependencies, and constraints while developing plans to mitigate and address any concerns
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements
- Research software and hardware products; perform industry benchmarking
- Model, analyze, and revise business processes and procedures (use cases, user stories, process maps, etc.)
- Drive implementation of technology and process solutions from concept to completion
- Align stakeholder business and system requirements to overall client objectives and strategy
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s organization & structure, product/services mix and stay aware of client news and changes to provide IT strategy consistent with their business needs
- Build collaborative working relationships across all levels of client organizations and with external partners
- Work collaboratively with the BA team to develop effective BA approaches and techniques
- Maintain open and honest communication
Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant certificate, diploma, degree or designation program
- Extensive knowledge and experience in business analysis methodology, project execution and business process management
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Strong consultative and relationship development skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Detail oriented and committed to a high level of accuracy
- Experience modelling process using various methods and tools
- Familiarity with organizational change methods and practices
- Confidence in presentation
- Professional certification is an asset (CCBA/CBAP)
Why SysGen Solutions Group?
- You are eager to apply your skills in an energetic environment
- This opportunity will appeal to the professional that appreciates his/her autonomy
- You welcome a management group that is in place to support individualized ambition
- You excel working in a team environment of dynamic entrepreneurs
- Your career objectives are always in sight and in your own control
SysGen Solutions Group is prepared to offer unique opportunities to develop your technology potential as a Business Analyst in Calgary. Our employees participate in progressive compensation programs, technology training and premium benefit plans, including our exclusive Double Dip vacation program. SysGen is an equal opportunity employer.